Monday, July 7, 2008

Fishing Trip 2008

It's become a tradition for the 4 of us. Every summer for the last 15 years we get together for a fishing trip up at Mountaineer Lake in the Catskill Mountains of New York. There's me, my two best friends, Russ & Todd, and Todd's father Glenn.

Mohawk Lake is privately owned by the Mountaineer Club, of which Todd, Russ, & Glenn are members. Which means we have the WHOLE lake to ourselves. It's an amazing feeling to be so close to nature...bald eagles soaring overhead, giant snapping turtles swimming under your boat, dragon flies landing on your line, and deer drinking at the shoreline. There's a peacefulness that I don't experience anywhere else in the world. At night you can see more stars then you could ever imagine and there's a quiet that is just deafening. I never sleep as well as I do when I'm up at "camp".

I only had my point & shoot, but I think that you'll enjoy these.

Click on any image to see it larger....




















P.S. The plate of food you see two photos above is our homemade version of a garbage plate. We all went to college at RIT in Rochester and spent many weekend nights at Nick Tahou's!

No comments: